Learning to use your new PMD Microdermabrasion devicecan be a daunting task; from selecting the right disk, to ensuring you've got the movement right. First off, don't panic, because you're not alone. We've sold over 25,000 of these devices and we regularly receive emails and phone calls asking for reassurance and advice. So, if you're wondering how to use the PMD Microdermabrasion device, read on for our quick start guide!
The most important thing you can do before turning on your device is to watch the instructional video from start to finish. This video will tell you everything you need to know about your device and how to use the PMD effectively. It also offers some great tips for device maintenance, and some things to avoid.
Always start with the small white training disk, which doesn't have any aluminum oxide micro crystal coating, so you can practice your stroke without risking damaging your skin.
Insert the cord into the device and twist until it locks, then plug in into an outlet. Starting on your cheek, hold the skin taut and turn on the device. You then want to use a gentle sweeping movement across your skin, never covering the same area twice. Do the same on your forehead, and finally on problem areas around the nose and chin.
Allow your skin time to react to the treatment and see how it responds. You can expect to see some redness, although this should be gone in 24 hours. If you're ready to move on to the next treatment, select the blue disk and repeat the process. This time, you should see the removed skin cells in the vacuum cap.
Apply a toner and moisturiser after the treatment to neutralise the PH level in your skin and restore moisture. You should leave 6-7 days between treatments to allow your skin to recover.
SOME THINGS TO AVOID
- Never leave the device on the same area in an attempt to 'spot treat', this will only damage your skin.
- Always pull the skin taut where possible – if treating your arms, you can either enlist the help of a friend, or flex your wrist in a way that pulls the skin taut.
- Stop using the device if you feel any pain – you should only feel a light tingling, and pain could be a sign that your skin it too sensitive, or that you're using it incorrectly.
- Do not use with any chemical products prior to or within 48 hours of using the PMD.
- If you have a serious skin condition, see your Doctor before commencing treatment.
- Do not use directly above the eye bone or below the brow bone.
If you have any futher questions, you can pop a question in the comments below and one of the team will get back to you!